Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lineup 2010

I thought I would use my new econometric skills to predict the optimal Orioles lineup for the upcoming season. Then I just decided to do what I thought looked best.

2B - Brian Roberts - gets on base and then steals some more
CF - Adam Jones - more ideal at #5, needs to strike out less, but currently the best option
RF - Nick Markakis - would be nice to see a little more power, say 25 HRs
LF - Nolan Reimold - probably not ready to bat cleanup, but has the best power potential
DH - Luke Scott - can't forget his hot streaks
1B - Garrett Atkins - need a right hander to even things out, not the cleanup hitter we need
C - Matt Wieters - keep the pressure off for now
3B - Ty Wigginton - maybe he will rebound if he's further down in the order
SS - Cesar Izturis - not enough pop to bat 2nd

Give me your proposed lineups. Maybe you have Michael Aubrey or Felix Pie in there. I could see some people moving Wieters up or Jones down.

4 comments:

ali said...

Nicky could go the way of sluggers in the past to gain more power, but I'm thinking that's probably not a good idea...

Reimold might be okay batting clean-up, he's set to continue surprising people, just like he did last year.

Here's to hoping that Matt Weiters actually finds out how to hit major league pitchers this year...

Good line-up Tim... I think you should quit college and just take over. haha

Tim said...

I'm tempted Ali

Matthew Hoyt said...

I like the first three, up to the first clean-up. Luke may not be in as often as we'd like, so you can expect some interchanging players to float around 5-7. Nolan would be solid at 5, if he continues playing like he indicated last year. Markakis or Jones could also slide down - that is, if they start showing more power and less speed (I dunno if Jones will be such a steal threat as before). Atkins deserves the bottom of the lineup, and I'm praying Wieters will earn his way up. I dont know for sure for either one, though. Wigginton and Izturis are fine at the bottom, but I wouldnt expect them there all season...hopefully we'll trade for a new, young SS, and replace Wigginton with someone talented.

Mark said...

Better late than never ...

BRob
Adam
Nick
Adrian -- Yep, you heard it hear first. The O's are finalizing a 3 for 1 deal for Adrian Gonzalez. O's send David Hernandez, Luke Scott and Brandon Snyder.
Nolan
Matt
Ty/Nolan/Felix/Lou rotation
Garrett
Cesar